17th May, 2017
Big, sunny tastes from Indian Kesar mango, Solo papaya from Jamaica and Moroccan Kirra blueberry! Bash the succulence with super-tangy Columbian physalis and zingy early Spanish nectarine, then smooth over the effect with soothing Ecuadorian banana and late French Hayward kiwi.
The combination of sweet, exotic flavours of tropical fruit will beautifully balance the early season Mediterranean nectarines and blueberries.
A satisfying and delicious start to the day!
Where to buy?
- Mango: Kesar from India – Asian groceries and Morrisons
- Papaya: Solo from Jamaica or Golden from Brazil – all supermarkets
- Physalis: from Columbia – most large supermarkets and green grocers
- All the rest: widely available
When to buy?
- Mango: get Indian mangoes now and over the next 2-3 weeks before they finish – they are the best!
- Papaya: available all year
- Physalis: available all year
- Banana: available all year
- Nectarine: tangy, early varieties will give way to sweeter mid-season varieties as the summer progresses.
- Blueberries: look forward to a summer of wonderful blueberries from Europe.
- Kiwi: Mediterranean stocks are winding down, expect Hayward from New Zealand and Chile very soon (yellow fleshed Sungold kiwi is already on sale from New Zealand).
©Good Fruit Guide 2017. Recommendations on fruit varieties and types with the very best taste are personal to the editor of Good Fruit Guide, and do not attempt to be exhaustive or supported by verifiable consumer research. The highlighting of fruit with the very best taste in the opinion of the editor is not intended as a judgement on the taste of varieties and types of fruit not mentioned.