A delicious Indian Kesar mango base is brought alive with tangy, tasty Driscoll Maravilla raspberries. This is a lovely new variety that is becoming increasingly popular with recognition by more and more retailers.
Thrown on top are some Cotton Candy grapes, Triumph persimmon and Kirra blueberries. It’s a lovely balanced mix of tastes and flavours: perfect with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
An invigorating start to the day!
Where to buy?
- Mango: Kesar from India – Asian groceries and Morrisons
- Raspberries: Driscoll Maravilla from Portugal are in most larger supermarkets
- Grapes: Cotton Candy from Brazil are usually in Waitrose and M&S
- Persimmon: should be easier to find than they are, but often stocked in larger supermarkets
- Blueberries: all stores, though Kirra, a new variety grown in Morocco, takes some seeking-out
When to buy?
- Mango: get Indian mangoes now and over the next 2-3 weeks before they finish – they are the best – look for Alphonse or Kesar!
- Raspberries: all summer
- Grapes: Cotton Candy supplies from Brazil are restricted, diminishing and pricey
- Persimmon: available for the next 2 months
- Blueberries: all summer
18th May, 2017
©Good Fruit Guide 2017. Recommendations on fruit varieties and types with the very best taste are personal to the editor of Good Fruit Guide, and do not attempt to be exhaustive or supported by verifiable consumer research. The highlighting of fruit with the very best taste in the opinion of the editor is not intended as a judgement on the taste of varieties and types of fruit not mentioned.